The Neptune Fountain in Bologna
Scripta Maneant publisher has created the new photographic campaign related to the statue and the fountain of Neptune, that is the symbol of bolognesità (the spirit of the city) admired worldwide. The shots were made at the end of the conservation and restoration works (June, 2016 - December, 2017) by using the latest technologies. The result shows “the Giant” and every detail of the entire fountain proposed in large format in order to offer, for the first time, the great artwork brought back to its original splendor.
- Size 31 x 45 cm
- 120 pages
- 75 images
- Hardcover coated in black leather and printed with hot gold, and with artistic crafts bas-relief in metal placed on the front board
- Bilingual edition; Italian / English
New Photographic Campaign (1:1 scale)
- Introductory note by the Mayor of Bologna, Virginio Merola
- Text by Prof. Giancarlo Benevolo, Curator of the Historical Archive of the Civic Museums of Ancient Art in Bologna and Conservator of the Museum of Textiles and Upholstery “Vittorio Zironi” of Villa Spada in Bologna
- Photos by Carlo Vannini with the collaboration of Gianni Grandi
The Photographic Campaign
The photographic campaign used for the volume is been donated to the Municipality of Bologna as a useful tool for conservative purposes and further necessary analysis. With the aim of safeguarding the Italian and, in this case, also Bolognese Cultural Heritage, Scripta Maneant wishes to share this result with all the lovers of that timeless beauty of Bologna.
Per la diffusione della conoscenza e delle eccellenze della Storia e dell'Arte italiana utilizziamo materiali di qualità e bellezza superiore.
Piatti di copertina rivestiti in pergamena conciata a mano e spatolata a sughero secondo procedimenti cinquecenteschi.
Dorso in pelle realizzato artigianalmente con sei nervi e impressioni in oro a caldo.
Request more information on the volume by filling in the spaces below. Share with us your love for art of all time. Get exclusive benefits and updates on special and limited initiatives.