The Universal Work
The many pages of big size are authentic narrative and aesthetic "compositions" of texts and images, and clarify an unusual concept, i.e. that of the universal language of the Master from Urbino.
The exciting look at the complexity of the “divine” painter and at his artistic heritage - from universality to current events - include a re-reading and a historical-critical reinterpretation of his entire pictorial works, of his main drawings, his studies and his documents, including sculpture, architecture and applied arts.
This volume is the highest and most complete reference point to fully understand the beauty of the work of this great artist.
- Author Claudio Strinati
- Size 31 x 40 cm
- Cover in parchment paper and spine in leather with impressions of hot gold
- 416 pages with 4+4 colours printing
- 500 images
- 16-page insert in parchment paper
- Binding with stitching with refe thread, and headbands and six nerves on the spine
- The volume is provided with an elegant slipcase
- Limited and numbered to 1999 copies edition
- The volume is enriched by two prints: The School of Athens (1:8 scale) and Astronomy, the ceiling fresco in the Room of Signature (detail)
- Numbered and certified litho-silkscreen printing of The Dream of the Knight and of The Three Graces (1:8 scale)
The Most Complete Volume
Raffaello Universale illustrates the role of customers, masters, friends, and collaborators of the great master from Urbino through monographic inserts and spectacular big size images. The volume is about the extraordinary discoveries of unedited works, and it proposes the analysis of many almost unknown discoveries using a repertoire of scientific examinations by successful results. It starts from the phenomenon of the Raphael’s myth and his influence over the centuries up to arrive to the more recent artistic avant-gardes.
The text intertwines to the visual story that proceeds by typology, according the variation of the dynamic compositions of the Madonnas, of the psychology of portraits, of the theatricality of sacred and mythological scenes, of the atmosphere of animated landscapes, of the expressive looks and gestures until the flowers and emblematic jewels, and of the presence of animals and symbolic decorations.
With the aim of spreading the knowledge and the excellences of Italian Art History we are using materials with an higher level of quality and beauty.
Coverboards coated by hand-tanned parchment paper, cleaned with a cork spatula according to 16th century processings.
Handmade spine in leather with six nerves and hot gold impressions.
Request more information on the volume by filling in the spaces below. Share with us your love for art of all time. Get exclusive benefits and updates on special and limited initiatives.