Out of stock
Wonder and Truth in the Definite Work
We have devoted to Leonardo a volume that is in itself a precious and unique artwork for the representation of his genius. The fascinating study has become the highest and more complete reference point for discovering the life and the enthusiastic contribution to the humanity of this great artist and researcher.
Faced with the endless horizon of the “Leonardo phenomenon” and with the multiplication of misleading legends that confuse the authentic rediscoveries, this volume illustrates and interprets the key figure of the relationship between art and human history, under the banner of a vigorous research into truth and wonder. This updated synthesis clarifies Leonardo’s life with a meticulous attention to the most recent discoveries and the most updated scientific surveys.
- Author Alessandro Vezzosi
- Introduction by Carlo Pedretti
- Size 31 x 40 cm
- Cover in parchment paper and spine in leather with impressions of hot gold
- 416 pages with 4+4 colours printing
- 800 images
- 16-page insert in parchment paper
- Binding with stitching with refe thread, and headbands and six nerves on the spine
- The volume is provided with an elegant slipcase
- Limited and numbered to 1999 copies edition
- The volume is enriched by two prints: The Gioconda (1:1 scale) and The Last Supper (1:8 scale)
- Numbered and certified litho-silkscreen printing of La Bella Principessa (1:1 scale)
Unpublished Documents and New Interpretations
The volume shed new light on the research on the Leonardo da Vinci’s life. For the first time the intertwining between his various forms of creativity and his knowledge has been reconstructed in a systematic and original way. From the paintings to the manuscripts through the analysis of every aspect of his production, the volume is organized following a chronological and thematic path that addresses the archival testimonies as well as to historical and literary ones, in order to celebrate the universal symbol of the eclectic and experimental geniality in a definitive and complete study.
Ancient Professionalisms and Craftsmanship Skills...
... work alongside the most famous and passionate authors. The worlds of Art, Culture and Crafts intertwine for the celebration of Beauty and Knowledge.
With the aim of spreading the knowledge and the excellences of Italian Art History we are using materials with an higher level of quality and beauty.
Coverboards coated by hand-tanned parchment paper, cleaned with a cork spatula according to 16th century processings.
Handmade spine in leather with six nerves and hot gold impressions.
Request more information on the volume by filling in the spaces below. Share with us your love for art. Get exclusive benefits on special and limited initiatives.