Bandiera Madre (Luxury Edition)
The Symbol of Italy
By publishing this volume we want to contribute to the recovery of the founding values of our democracy in contemporary consciousness, and especially in the new generations; those values that have inspired the highest civil impulses of Italian history, leading us through the centuries up to the modernity. A spectacular and richly illustrated work that narrates the vibrant path of the identitary adventure towards the independence of Italian people, written by the Professor Ugo Bellocchi (1920-2011), who was an authentic institution of Italian culture, with his over 80 publishings devoted to the national history, society and professions, and who was the Honorary President of the Museum of the Tricolour in Reggio Emilia. The coverboard houses an homage by Master Franco Guerzoni; his artistic interpretation of the Tricolour applied by hand.
- Introduction by Senator for Life Rita Levi Montalcini
- Size 24 x 29.2 cm
- 480 pages, of which 16 on Luxor, a parchment paper of 140 gr/m2, and 464 pages on Furioso, a coated paper of 170 gr/m2
- A page shows the reproduction of the first Italian Tricolour with colour process printing and gold foil stamping
- More than 270 images and documents
- Cover coated by cream colored flocked cloth, with gold foil stamping
- The volume is provided with an elegant slipcase with quivers printed in gold foil
- Artwork on the cover by Franco Guerzoni
- Capital and Tricolour bookmark
"Only one hope; A single flag unites us"
These words, written by the very young Goffredo Mameli in his Canto degli Italiani, represent the idea of the unity of Italy since from that far 1847. The Italian flag is the symbol of Italy to which every Italian is attached since his early childhood. The Tricolour is not just a state insignia, but also a banner of freedom conquered by people who recognize itself as united, and who find its identity in the principles of brotherhood, equality, and justice. By an excursus of images, documents, and events Ugo Bellocchi retraces the Italian history from its roots.
With the aim of spreading the knowledge and the excellences of Italian Art History we are using materials with an higher level of quality and beauty.
Coated by cream colored flocked cloth, with gold foil stamping and application of an artwork by Master Franco Guerzoni.
The volume is provided with an elegant slipcase with quivers printed in gold foil.
Request more information on the volume by filling in the spaces below. Share with us your love for art of all time. Get exclusive benefits and updates on special and limited initiatives.